2. A rich and Deep-Rooted History- Enjoy historic downtown where buildings date back to the late 1800's. Originally home to the Catawba Indians, Fort Mill's name came from a colonial-era British fort and a grist mill that operated on nearby Steele Creek. Fort Mill, SC grew into a major center for textile manufacturing. While textiles are no longer the predominant industry, the region's economy has continued to grow and is diverse.
3. Schools- Ranked among the best in the state of South Carolina with many schools ranking a 9 out of 10 .
4. Lake Life- Enjoy all Lake Wylie has to offer. Or take a cruise down the Catawba River on a kayak or tube.
5. Charlotte- Just across the South Carolina border, Fort Mill is minutes from all that Charlotte, North Carolina has to offer. From major sports teams like the Panthers and Hornets, to entertainment, an international airport and adventure.
6. Family Life- There are many places to enjoy time with your family in Fort Mill. Anne Springs Greenway- a nature preserve which includes hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing and camping.
Carowinds lies at the border of North Carolina and South Carolina in Fort Mill. There are also Parks, Golfing and a History Museum.
7. Hometown shops and Restaurants- There are several family owned and run establishments. Of course there a few chain restaurants in Fort Mill, but many Fort Mill neighborhoods are minutes from unique, locally owned businesses that give you a personalized, down home feel.
8. Veteran Activities- We love our Veterans! Fort Mill South Carolina Veterans Committee and the Town of Fort Mill are proud to honor all who have served our country. A "Walk of Honor" was created using custom pavers. These pavers honor loved ones and serve as an endearing memorial to those who have served.
9. Pet Friendly- Six Pence Pub and Stogie and Brew both welcome your canine friends. Anne Springs Greenway allows leashed pets on trails. If your dog needs some open space off the lease, head over to Central Bark Dog park where you can set them free in a fenced area while you sit on a bench in the shade.
10. Charity work- The love of many charities shows throughout the year. Many events such as Walk for Wishes though Make a Wish and Paint the Town Gold are just a couple of the many activities that goes on.
Jenny Linich Real Estate offers Fort Mill homes for sale in Fort Mill, South Carolina but she also serves Rock Hill and the Charlotte Real Estate area. Her focus is on providing detailed market research on new and existing homes for sale in North and South Carolina. Jenny is a licensed Realtor in both states and even teaches real estate courses in South Carolina. Fort Mill real estate is particularly hot because of the high quality York County School District and all of the new home builders in South Carolina.
If you want to sample what it is like to work with Jenny, download her sample comparison guide to buying a new home in Fort Mill, SC by clicking on the button below. Whether you're interest is in Fort Mill real estate, Charlotte real estate or Rock Hill, real estate, Jenny Linich will have the time and care to find your dream home. Jenny is with the Keller Williams Charlotte Ballantyne Area office and serves South Carolina in addition to North Carolina. Visit Jenny Online at www.newhousesfortmillsc.com