I'm sure you will find some new additions to your Favorites List!
You can find participating small businesses here
Just a few fun facts about Small Business Saturday:
- American Express launched Small Business Saturday on November 27, 2010
- In 2014 an estimated $14.3 Billion was spent in small businesses on Small Business Saturday
- 95 million people shopped small businesses on Small Business Saturday 2015
- Small businesses account for over 54% of US annual sales
Spending locally keeps approximately 68% of the dollars in our community versus 43% spent in large businesses.
Here is a handy list of ideas of local businesses that would appreciate you this Saturday:
1. Support local beauty shops: Get your hair done for the weekend or buy yourself or someone a gift certificate for an upcoming holiday party.
2. Get your nails done at your favorite family owned shop.
3. Thanksgiving aftermath clean up enough to make you throw your hands up? Or maybe the thought of cleaning your house before the family comes over for the holidays is as exhausting as the job itself? Hire a local house cleaner.
4. Need food for the holidays or for College Rivalry Weekend football games? There are still local farmers markets to grab some fresh food!
5. Head over to the family owned and operated jeweler to have your rings cleaned or hint to that someone special something you would love to have.
6. Local Antique malls are a great place for a unique gift or piece for yourself.
7. Get your oil changed or a tune up at local mechanic before your holiday travels!
8. Order something from the local caterer or bake shop.
9. Love holiday lights, but hate having to put them up? Hire your landscaper to do it for you, as this time of year is slower for them.
10. Get your vehicle detailed at a local detailer or car wash. Everyone likes a shiny car.
11. Hit up a local craft show. Get holiday gifts or decorations and meet the crafter that made them.
12. If you'd rather hit the pavement, stop by one of the boutiques throughout town.
13. While your out, stop by one of the local florists and grab your poinsettias or evergreens.
14. Are you hungry yet? Grab some lunch or dinner at a locally owned restaurant or brewery.
15. Etsy and Storenvy support local artists, and you can get just about anything handmade you desire.
16. Sink leaking? House not quite warm enough? Hire a local handyman to fix things around the house before the new year begins.
17. Get yourself in shape before all of the holiday indulgences. Find a local personal trainer, locally owned gym or yoga studio!
18. Everyone likes to look their best so don't forget about the 4-legged kids! A visit to a local pet spa will have them looking good before company comes over?
19. If Saturday isn't your day off, order lunch from the local deli and have a lunch tray delivered.
20. Own or manage a store? Hire a local artist to paint a unique display in your store window for the community to enjoy.
21. Order your holiday cards from a local printer.
22. Are you tired yet? Ready for a break before all of the madness begins, if it hasn't already? Make an appointment at a locally owned spa and get yourself a nice, relaxing message.
Remember, Shop Local! There are so many great places in Fort Mill, Rock Hill and Tega Cay, South Carolina to be able to shop small.
Jenny Linich Real Estate offers Fort Mill homes for sale in Fort Mill, South Carolina but she also serves York and the Charlotte Real Estate area. Her focus is on providing detailed market research on new and existing homes for sale in North and South Carolina. Jenny is a licensed Realtor in both states and even teaches real estate courses in South Carolina. Fort Mill real estate is particularly hot because of the high quality York County School District and all of the new home builders in South Carolina.
If you want to sample what it is like to work with Jenny, download her sample comparison guide to buying a new home in Fort Mill, SC by clicking on the button below. Whether you're interest is in Lake Wylie real estate, Charlotte real estate or Fort Mill, real estate, Jenny Linich will have the time and care to find your dream home. Jenny is with the Keller Williams Charlotte Ballantyne Area office and serves South Carolina in addition to North Carolina. Visit Jenny Online at www.newhousesfortmillsc.com
Chart statistic found at grasshopper.com